Share this job!
We are looking for a Blockchain developer to help us build a platform that will lead the world in distributed energy data and trading systems. You’ll work to develop a blockchain solution for transactional energy trading in the unique constraints of the power grid environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Extend LO3's custom Blockchain implementation, extend and enhance consensus, storage, permissioning, and communications algorithms.
- Implement protocols for cross-chain transactions and interoperation.
- Develop a Blockchain solution that will run on embedded devices with limited computing resources.
- Educate clients and internal development teams on the Blockchain-related elements of the LO3 technology stack.
- Implement unit and functional tests.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS in science engineering or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience working with Blockchain Technology internals, consensus algorithms(PoW, PoS, PBFT), gossip networks, Merkel trees, etc.
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric encryption (pub/priv key), symmetric encryption, and hash functions.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Ability to work well with a distributed team
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- History of working in startups or other fast-paced environments.
- Familiarity with git and the git rebase workflow.
- Experience with Embedded or IoT Services.
- Previous experience working in the energy or utility sectors.
- Experience contributing meaningfully to one or more Open Source projects.