Embedded Systems Engineer
Share this job!
We are seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer. As an engineer in a small, fast-paced, agile team, this individual will be responsible for execution of research tasks and development of embedded software. Working independently, the engineer will perform research, and build tools and models, to facilitate experimentation. The engineer will be responsible for experiment design, data collection, analysis, and creation of actionable conclusions. The engineer will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, implementation, debugging, unit tests and documentation. The engineer will have to work with researchers and other embedded systems engineers to convert reference models to product-ready software/firmware/hardware. The technology focus will be on implementation of algorithms related to content identification technologies (digital watermarking, 1D and 2D barcodes, etc.) to enable innovative applications. Limited travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with emphasis on signal processing
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Effective C++ development, test, and debugging skills
- MATLAB skills (or equivalent fast prototyping and display language)
- Command-line tool development for Windows, Linux, or Mac as needed
- Hands-on experience in building tools to facilitate research and experimentation on a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization of mathematical algorithms
- Knowledge and working experience of signal processing and image processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and diverse technical interests/skills
- Inclination to enjoy learning new algorithms and understanding their meaning
- Strong grasp of emerging technologies, best practices, and robust architectures
- Prior experience working with agile development practices
- Experience with mobile platforms is a plus
- Experience with ARM NEON programming or other SIMD instructions is a plus
Skills: embedded systems C++ MatLab