Lead Software Developer
Share this job!
EdgeLink is looking for a Senior Developer, specifically looking for someone very comfortable working directly with clients and someone senior enough to come in and lead a team of developers.
As a lead software developer in this customer-facing role, you will work closely with your team members and our clients to build new software that addresses real business needs, along real business timelines. You will get to know clients on a first name basis, understand their needs, and shape the “how” of solutions. You will have ample opportunities to present your ideas and work clearly to non-technical people and demonstrate how your solution meets their needs. You will see the solution through to delivery and beyond, as our clients uncover more needs and the relationship continues. And as a member of a cross-functional team in a flat and largely self-managing environment, with a brisk pace and focused goals, you must be comfortable with ambiguity and prefer being transparent and accountable for the team’s success.
Bottom line: this is the opportunity to build software that matters to real businesses.
Requirements for Success:
• Experience as technical decision maker on projects: architecture, code quality, tech stack, test coverage, prototyping, etc.
• Experience leading an Agile development team driven to excellence in engineering processes (including mentoring and supporting teammates, participating in code reviews and pair programming as necessary).
• Ability to work closely with clients and non-technical team members to understand goals and product vision.
• Extensive experience coding enterprise-level software and writing maintainable and testable code in a shared code base,
• Skilled in modern object-oriented programming languages and enterprise design patterns
• Track record of supporting your team members, avoiding complexity, adapting to changes, and learning to apply new technology and domain knowledge
If this sounds like a great role and an ideal work environment, we’d love to hear from you!