Share this job!
We are seeking a Program Manager. This person must function efficiently and effectively in a professional and security sensitive environment. The applicant must have an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an agile engineering environment. They must also have strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being a team player and demonstrating the ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals, teams, and groups within the organization and externally is essential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the management team to achieve program initiatives and meet business unit’s goals
• Act as the Scrum Product Owner for selected projects to clearly convey the product vision and customer requirements to engineering teams and lead successful development efforts. Be able to create acceptance criteria, build usage scenarios, and prioritize tasks and resources
• Manage assigned projects and accounts to budget and schedule
• Must be able to make educated, informed, and decisive decisions; prioritize conflicting needs ; resolve ambiguity; manage matters expeditiously; be accountable to follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures and conflicting priorities; treat sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and work with minimal supervision
• Create and assist with creating internal and external proposals, reports, presentations, and communications
• Be an active participant on the program management team; engage in strategic discussions and tactical planning
• Conduct online research; keep informed about industry activities and advancements
• Be comfortable with technology from a business perspective; possess ability to proactively dive deeper into technology aspects, as required to perform project management responsibilities
• Help bolster relationships with customers and partners
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• PMP, CSM, or equivalent certification is a plus
• 3+ years project management, project leadership, or equivalent business experience
• Familiarity with project management and agile engineering processes
• Familiarity with software and hardware product development life cycle and product release milestones is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills, history of fostering team work, and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a broad range of individuals, groups, and functional areas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by creating proposals, reports, presentations, and communications targeted to internal and external audiences ranging from the project teams to directors and senior management.
• Domestic and international government sector experience is helpful
• Thrives in a team-oriented and highly innovative working environment
Skills: program manager software & hardware