Share this job!
The Engineering Manager will lead a cross-disciplinary engineering team in the delivery of hardware and software products and features in the commercial audio/visual market. The Engineering Manager will report to the Director of Engineering.
• Lead, guide, and manage the efforts of a team (size <10) of electronic, firmware, software, and software quality assurance engineers to deliver innovative products to Biamp customers.
• Continually plan and execute 1-2 simultaneous projects.
• Coordinate with product management (marketing) to seek out customer needs and address them efficiently.
• Coordinate with peer managers on shared challenges and solutions.
• Drive a team to collaboratively create project schedules
• Deliver products according to project schedules.
• Estimate and execute against project and team budgets.
• Align and navigate technical solutions to the needs and requirements identified by Product Management.
• Assign team members to individual projects.
• Regularly report project progress to the corporate management team.
• Select and manage third-party resources.
• Manage the performance of team members, recommending hiring, termination, and recognition actions.
• Contribute to the leadership of the overall Engineering team with peer managers and the Directors of Engineering.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects and staff in a software and/or electronic hardware product engineering environment.
• Excellent organization skills in order to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
• Skills to establish effective relationships with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
• Presentation skills appropriate to deliver project information to executive management and others through the organization.
• Conflict resolution and team motivation skills.
• Proven experience managing products through a new product introduction process, from inception to first-customer-shipment desired.
• Design experience in software, mechanical, or electrical product development role desired.
Skills: software firmware product manager