Share this job!
EdgeLink seeks an Embedded Hardware Design Engineer to work as part of a cross-functional team, responsible for concept-through-production design of digital signal processing products and accessories for the commercial audio industry.
- Schematic and PCB design.
- Estimate product costs.
- Construct bill of materials.
- Interact with industrial designers, mechanical, firmware and software engineers.
- Interact with materials procurement, manufacturing and test personnel to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
- Conduct hardware bring-up and trouble-shooting of prototypes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years' experience required
- Strong understanding of medium-speed (50-500 MHz) signal integrity concepts.
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols and hardware interfaces including I2S, I2C, SPI, and Ethernet.
- Knowledge of audio ADC/DAC design and implementation concepts.
- Knowledge of DFM rules to ensure testability and manufacturability of products.
- Experience with EMC design techniques and testing.
- Strong background in the use of oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and other test equipment for debugging and analysis.
- Experience in switch-mode power supply design
- Experience with Schematic and PCB design tools (Altium preferred)
- Experience programming and debugging in the C language.
- Experience with simulation software (e.g. LTSpice, Hyperlynx, MATLAB/Simulink).
- Exposure to HDL design using Verilog and/or VHDL for FPGAs and CPLDs.
- Exposure to PCB 3D integration with Industrial Designers highly regarded.
- Good written communications skills to prepare specifications, lab reports, theories of operation and other technical documents.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, highly motivated.
Skills: PCB design analog digital power supply